SPACE: 1999 & Gerry Anderson

Post by 2049 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:22 am

General Discussion & Related Media Thread

Last edited by 2049 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SPACE: 1999 & Gerry Anderson

Post by 2049 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:54 am

* DISCUSSION PORTED FROM AN UNRELATED THREAD!

UFO

Brian Johnson's EAGLE! toast  Take a guess who the lovely lady is in the top half! Suspect
@Ken wrote:I had a pair of Space 1999 Eagles that hurt like a bitch if one got tossed @YER HEAD!!!!
@Ken: Back when I was a younger lad, I had a few with ONE OF THE OLD CREW, every so often. The funniest story I heard was to do with BOTH the Anderson's CASTING COUCH for 1999 extras. I suggested he (R.I.P.) write the tell-all SWINGING:1999! Everyone bonking their brains out in Main Mission! bounce

* Really interesting comments on 2001:ASO throughout! plainhungry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:28 pm

@2049 wrote:Take a guess who the lovely lady is in the top half!
Mother like daughter!!! Shocked  Although, Juliet Landau's pics here are from 20 yrs. ago and she looks way older now. I haven't been holding my breath for a remake either. Embarassed For sure 1999 had loads of attractive women cast, but the real eye catcher of them all was:

I dug her as Maya in the 2nd. year, but didn't dig her alien make up and especially the unflattering eyebrows. Suspect  
@2049 wrote:The funniest story I heard was to do with BOTH the Anderson's CASTING COUCH for 1999 extras.
I read both Anderson bios and their marriage was unofficially over by Space 1999. study It was implied that both of them were fooling around with the beautiful people that were game. I do hate to think their sexual conquests are loitering in the backgrounds. I'll try to conveniently forget that extras rumor when revisiting it on disc. No

Brian Johnson's video was EXCELLENT dude!! The only times Gerry visited with him on 1999 was to successfully score his secretary. wiseguy
Ken
Admin

View user profile https://bladerunner.americantalk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 2049 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:41 pm

@Ken wrote:I haven't been holding my breath for a remake either.
I thought we were quite close to getting a rebooted series! The yanks had the good sense to re-imagine GALACTICA and why not take a page from them in doing the bloody same with 1999? Rolling Eyes I wish they would just get on with it again and soon! Yessir!
@Ken wrote:the real eye catcher of them all was: Catherine Schell as the Servant of the Guardian I dug her as Maya in the 2nd. year 
All credit goes to the dressings, however light, brother! Very Happy Gerry originally had someone else in mind for Maya, although I'm fuzzy on the precise details. She was an (South?) African model, I believe.
@Ken wrote:Brian Johnson's video was EXCELLENT dude!!
What is your take on his comment 2001's script was rubbish? scratch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken on Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:15 pm

@2049 wrote:What is your take on his comment 2001's script was rubbish?
Someone should’ve given him a turkey sandwich for lunch. cooking Brian has a point, its true people come out of it shaking their heads, because it went right over their heads. Kubrick’s excuse about the utter vagueness of the final act was it is meant to be a personal experience, not explained away. I don’t believe the story was rubbish, but it appears to require a LIFETIME of additional study. @Sawa is the 2001 fan authority; you should have at it with her when she bounces back here.  hungrymask
@2049 wrote:I thought we were quite close to getting a rebooted series! The yanks had the good sense to re-imagine GALACTICA and why not take a page from them in doing the bloody same with 1999? I wish they would just get on with it again and soon!
New ITV management came along and said they didn’t want to suck it and see. There's almost too much contention over the Moon nowadays. Coming off Apollo it was all the rage, but now up to half the potential audience has the idea in their heads that Apollo was a possible hoax, or still isn't worth the bucks. Lack of any current Moon progress probably equals lack of remake interest in 1999. Maybe they’ll need to wait until the Chinese get there.
UFO
The Eagle concept is VERY COOL, much like the evolution of the 78 Viper to the Mark VII. rabbit
Ken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 2049 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:09 pm

@Ken wrote:@Sawa is the 2001 fan authority; you should have at it with her when she bounces back
It'd be a pleasure to have a 2001 chat with the absolutely ravishing Lieutenant! love
@Ken wrote:Brian has a point, its true people come out of it shaking their heads, because it went right over their heads. Kubrick’s excuse about the utter vagueness of the final act was it is meant to be a personal experience, not explained away. I don’t believe the story was rubbish, but it appears to require a LIFETIME of additional study.
I'd say with Brian it’s a bit of ego talking, tempered with his own business sensibility. In his mind the primary reason 2001 has endured over the years, is only because of its groundbreaking visuals. Shocked
@Ken wrote:Someone should’ve given him a turkey sandwich for lunch.
lol!
@Ken wrote: Lack of any current Moon progress probably equals lack of remake interest in 1999. Maybe they’ll need to wait until the Chinese get there.
I certainly agree that in today's world the moon just isn't interesting enough.  It would likely need to be MARSBASE Alpha. The Martian's breakout success proved that's where the interest lies. Although, a planet racing through the galaxy would be even more ridiculous than the moon! bounce

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:35 pm

@2049 wrote:I'd say with Brian it’s a bit of ego talking, tempered with his own business sensibility. In his mind the primary reason 2001 has endured over the years, is only because of its groundbreaking visuals. Shocked
 @Ken wrote:
   Someone should’ve given him a turkey sandwich for lunch.
     @2049 wrote:
lol!

Hey, I'll tell ya what - can I come down & have lunch with you? hungrymask

SHOCKING SESSIONS PREVIOUSLY ONLY KNOWN TO TWO-FISTED MEATBALL SUB LOVERS!!! drool

KISS Tour Dates:
13.05.76, Manchester, England, Free Trade Hall
14.05.76, Birmingham, England, Odeon
15.05.76, London, England, Hammersmith Odeon
16.05.76, London, England, Hammersmith Odeon

"Brian the Brain" is the ninth episode of the second series of Space: 1999 (and the thirty-third episode overall of the programme). The screenplay was written by Jack Ronder; the director was Kevin Connor. The final shooting script is dated 5 May 1976, with amendments dated 11 May 1976. Live action filming took place Tuesday 18 May 1976 through Wednesday 2 June 1976.

VS

NOTE: Confirmation would be as difficult as confirming whether or not Harrison Ford really got his sense of humor on sale at SEARS. scratch

@2049 wrote:I certainly agree that in today's world the moon just isn't interesting enough.  It would likely need to be MARSBASE Alpha. The Martian's breakout success proved that's where the interest lies. Although, a planet racing through the galaxy would be even more ridiculous than the moon!
What would be better is continuing the 2001 motif and re-boot Alpha on Saturn's Moon Iapetus. Idea Alpha is a top secret experimental facility - a galactic black project. Instead of them being blown out of orbit  Arrow  an uncontrollable multidimensional shift zaps them away on episodic adventures. How do you like themz EXCELLENT apples dude? Basketball
Ken
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top